About Entrepreneurial Heads
Entrepreneurial Heads introduces Heads of Schools and Services to the concepts of entrepreneurial leadership and change management and how to implement them and put it into practice.
Co-created with higher education, Entrepreneurial Heads is designed to enable Heads of Schools and Services to respond positively and innovatively to the challenges brought about by uncertainty and the rapidly evolving higher education landscape.
Entrepreneurial Heads will:
- Introduce the concepts and theories of entrepreneurial leadership and change management.
- Support the practical implementation of change at school and service level.
- Enable greater insight into strategies and approaches being applied in other universities by providing an opportunity to interact and share ideas with Heads of Schools and Services from other universities.
- Support Heads of Schools and Services to consider their local challenges and how they can respond to them proactively with a positive and entrepreneurial mindset.
Who is it for?
The programme is specifically designed for:
- Heads of School or academic departments
- Head or Directors of Professional Services
- Deputy Directors of Professional Services
- Others in leadership roles in universities
It is suitable for recently appointed heads, as well as staff members who are experienced and seeking further relevant high-quality leadership development.
Benefits for the university include:
- The development of entrepreneurial leadership skills, entrepreneurial thinking and change management skills in this important tier staff.
- Affordable and relevant leadership development to promote innovation and encourage entrepreneurial thinking for the benefit of the wider organisation.
- The interdisciplinary development of academic and service Heads to enhance and promote creativity and innovation.
Benefits for participants include:
- Increased understanding of the concepts and theories of entrepreneurial leadership and change management.
- Acquisition of new knowledge, entrepreneurial skills and tools to implement change in their Schools, Department and Services.
- Opportunities to network with like-minded individuals who are facing similar challenges.
- A clearer understanding of the changes and challenges impacting on the sector and how they can apply an entrepreneurial mindset and behaviours to confront them.
- Opportunities for leadership development and career progression with the option of progressing to the NCEE Entrepreneurial Leaders Programme.
For more information about the programme please download the brochure
Entrepreneurial Heads offers great flexibility and is delivered in two ways.
Be part of a national programme.
The national programme will attract Heads of Schools and Services from universities across the UK and internationally. This will allow the opportunity for increased networking and sharing of practice across different universities.
The cost of the national programme is £2,150 per participant. This includes lunch and refreshments during the programme times.
Please note that the cost of travel and accommodation is at your own expense and is not included in the programme fee.
Be part of a bespoke programme.
On-site delivery where NCEE works with an individual university to deliver the programme for their Heads of School and Service. The core programme can include bespoke sessions to meet the needs of the university.
The cost of the bespoke programme is dependent on individual programme requirements. Please contact Professor Lesley Dobree firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to discuss your requirements further.
Entrepreneurial Heads consists of three study days designed to maximise learning, interaction and discussion amongst speakers and participants.
Understanding the external landscape and its impact on universities.
The first study day explores the challenges and opportunities created for universities as a result of the rapidly changing external landscape. Participants will gain greater understanding of how this impacts on individual universities, schools and services and their leaders.
Entrepreneurial leadership and implementing change within a School or Service.
The key themes on the second day include the exploration of entrepreneurial leadership in practice, understanding change theories and how to manage and implement change in practice.
Embedding the practice of entrepreneurial leadership.
The focus of the final study day is on the personal development of entrepreneurial leadership skills and how these can be applied at a local level to impact positively on schools, services and the wider university.
Programme dates for 2019
Wednesday 12 and Thursday 13 June, with the third study day on Tuesday 10 September.
Further dates for 2019 will be announced shortly.
Please register your interest for the programme and we will send you further information in regards to applying.
For more information about running the programme at your university please contact Professor Lesley Dobree email@example.com
For any queries in regards to the national programme please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02476 15 8128
If you require further information please download the programme brochure.
Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Fees and Payments
• The programme fee includes all tuition, teaching materials and refreshments. You are, however, responsible for your travel to and from the venue for each study day.
• Within 5 working days of acceptance of your application an invoice will be issued for the full fee amount. Payment should be received within 30 days of the first study day, as places on the programme are limited.
• NCEE reserves the right to refuse admission to any participant who has not paid all fees in full before the programme starts.
• Payments should be made in GB Pounds Sterling. Any currency conversion costs or other charges incurred in making the payment or in processing a refund should be borne by the participant or the third party making payment, and should not be deductible from the fees due to the NCEE.
• To cancel your attendance, please inform us in writing by email email@example.com
• You can cancel your place on Entrepreneurial Heads for the June, July and September programme by Wednesday 1st May 2019 and receive a full refund of the price paid for the programme. For the October, November and December study days this will be 60 days before the first study day in October.
• A 50 per cent cancellation fee is payable for cancellation of the June, July and September study days after the 1 May 2019 and before Friday 10 May 2019.
• If you cancel your place on the June, July and September study days after Friday 10 May 2019, you will not be entitled to a refund, unless circumstances are deemed exceptional by NCEE. In such cases, an administration fee will be charged.
• In exceptional circumstances, transfers can be made to a different participant and programme fees already paid can be transferred to the new participant. However, the selection team will need to review the application from the new participant as per the usual process.
• NCEE will make every effort to deliver Entrepreneurial Heads as outlined on the website and in the brochure. However NCEE reserves the right to cancel or postpone the programme by giving notice in writing by the Friday 10 May 2019. In such a circumstance, all fees will be refunded in full.