The Make It Happen programme was launched in Autumn 2009 which saw the Make It Happen team run programme days with universities to raise awareness towards “being your own boss”. This involved:
- Brainstorming sessions,
- Worst case scenario training,
- Listening to people who had left university and set up their own businesses
Spring 2010 saw the launch of the online mentoring programme. This gives you a journey to follow from ideas to business growth via self-help resources and questions to get you thinking and planning.
Having the ability to share what you have done so far by completing your “My Plan” using the online tools, guides and resources provided takes you to the next step of having you matched up with an online mentor. The mentor will then help you set monthly actions to keep you on track to become your own boss providing you with feedback and help every step of the way.
May 2010 saw the launch of the online weekly webinars. The webinars deliver online training via a live presentation followed by a Q&A session. The success of this has been so great that this has become a much loved part of the Make It Happen programme. If you have missed a webinar don’t worry, as you can also watch past webinars and look at the questions asked during the live session. With over 100 sessions to watch back you are spoilt for choice.
Going forwards we have developed and launched the Ask The Expert forum which allows you to ask one-off questions about all areas of business which will be answered by a panel of experts as well as other mentees who can pass on their knowledge through their experiences.
Want your own branded version of the Make It Happen Programme?
The Make It Happen Programme has proven so popular that Further and Higher Education institutions across the UK now have their own branded version. With your own URL, branding and the facility to run user reports without the hassle of keeping resources up to date or setting up and running online training to your users, giving you a smart way to deliver online start up support.
Having your own version of Make It Happen helps you:
- Build your own Enterprise Alumni through tracking your users, running reports and producing statistics on enterprise within your own institution. This allows you to support users better by understanding how they are progressing and to maintain your relationship as they start up and grow their business.
- Save time and money as the resources are monitored centrally while still giving you control to add in your own local resources and promote local events within your institution. We run weekly online training sessions which are a great way to provide start up support on a wide range on business topics, without you needing to worry about sourcing trainers and funding.
- Demonstrate your commitment to enterprise by having a branded version of Make It Happen you provide users access to enterprise support 24/7 from anywhere in the world. It also means you can stay in touch with students as they leave, allowing you to continue to support their new business ventures after their education journey ends. You can then share your former students’ successes through case studies, enabling them to become advocates of your institution. This will help to raise your enterprising institutions profile to future students.
Your students will then receive as part of the Make It Happen package:
- Resources Access to a wide range of resources, guides and factsheets to support researching and building their business idea.
- My Plan A video guided planning tool, to start mapping business ideas.
- Webinars Live weekly online training sessions with presenter Q&A, plus access to a back-catalogue of all previous training sessions.
- Ask The Expert Facility to ask questions to experts and the online community
- Mentoring Access to your mentors online
- Networking Specialist discussion boards
For more information about how your institution could benefit from your own version of Make It Happen, please call on 02476 158 128 or complete the contact us form
How do I get involved in being a Mentor?
Please complete the contact us form for more information