NCEE Research Associates
NCEE is entering a new and exciting period and we would love you to be part of it.
Our enterprise and entrepreneurship work continues to go from strength to strength. Along with our long-standing programme, Entrepreneurial Leaders, our enterprise educators training programmes and conference, we are supporting UK institutions to develop and grow their enterprise work and entrepreneurial capacity. We have also just launched an innovative partnership in China where we will lead the development of higher education entrepreneurship curriculum, developing the entrepreneurial leadership skills of Chinese university leaders and establish 2+2 degrees with Chinese and UK institutions.
To support the development of our research agenda we want researchers with an interest in innovation, enterprise and entrepreneurship to work with us as NCEE Research Associates. If you are at the start of your research career we would be interested in hearing from you. Through our relationships and networks (particularly those in China) we have access to funding that can cover overseas visit expenses (such as travel and subsistence) but we would also be keen to explore opportunities for joint research proposals and access to our wider network. Initially opportunities are expected to involve partnerships with Chinese institutions building on our partnership with Sinocampus and the Chinese Service Centre for Scholarly Exchange but opportunities are expected to develop within other countries and the UK. There are many opportunities working with NCEE, for example, you could:
- Devise and lead research visits overseas (for example, in China)
- Develop new research proposals utilising NCEE’s enterprise and entrepreneurship networks and expertise
- Support the development of research and its impact on practice
- Research the effectiveness of enterprise and entrepreneurial interventions
Working as a Research Associate can give you:
- Access to new opportunities both in the UK and overseas
- Opportunities to research enterprise and entrepreneurial education both in UK and overseas contexts
- Engagement with a national organisation that represents the views of the sector
- Access to new relationships and networks
We are looking for early-career researchers who:
- Have research interests in the field of enterprise, entrepreneurship or a related field
- Can interpret the impact of their research within a practical setting
- Can translate the UK experience internationally
More information about the work of NCEE can be found on our website.
For an initial discussion about joining the team please contact Erica Brice (02476 158125 / email@example.com). To apply please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your relevant research interests to Lisa Hunt (firstname.lastname@example.org). Following selection suitable candidates will be included on our register.
- If your application to become a Research Associate is successful you will be placed on our register that will detail your interest and expertise. You will be contacted as opportunities become available.
- Research Associates will be contracted on a project-by-project basis.
- Research Associates would be active researchers within higher education
- There is no guarantee of work unless specifically contracted.
- NCEE reserve the right to terminate the Research Associate programme.
- During the period of engagement you would be expected to act in the best interests of NCEE.