1. Job Information
Post Title: Enterprise Champion seconded to the University of Liverpool
Salary: up to £39,000 per annum for 0.6FTE post
Mode: 0.6 FTE – Fixed Term until 31st July 2014
Location: University of Liverpool
Date of interview: 22 January 2014
Start date: Immediate
2. Role Outline:
The National Centre for Entrepreneurship in Education invites applications to the post of Enterprise Champion as part of the ERDF supported North West Enterprise Champions project. The post is funded by ERDF.
The Enterprise Champion will have responsibility for the delivery and management of the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) Northwest Higher Education Enterprise Champion project within the University of Liverpool. The project is funded through the National Centre for Entrepreneurship in Education (NCEE) to maximise enterprising, entrepreneurial and innovative potential of our students and graduates. The Enterprise Champion project will provide a central focus and co-ordination point for the University of Liverpool on the student and graduate enterprise development agenda. Wider partners on the project include: University of Bolton; University of Chester; Edge Hill University, Lancaster University; Liverpool John Moores University; Manchester Metropolitan University; Salford University and the University of Central Lancashire.
3. Main Duties and Responsibilities:
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
- Enterprise Champion (EC), employed by the NCEE. The Enterprise Champion project will provide a central focus and co-ordination point for University of Liverpool student and graduate enterprise development agenda.
- Providing leadership and team development in the delivery of the above to effectively manage the project teams to deliver the services as per the requirements of both internal and external stakeholders.
- Plan and allocate the resources required/assigned to meet the delivery requirements of the above projects in line with agreed team/project budgets.
PROMOTION AND MARKETING
- To lead on the promotion of the EC project across campus. To engage with senior management, the Alumni department, Careers, Student Union etc. to ensure institutional buy in to the project.
- To establish contacts with further related projects within the University, wider regional, to identify synergies and complementary activities that can be exploited.
- Plan and allocate the resources as required to meet the promotional/marketing requirements set out above
MONITORING, REPORTING AND EVALUATING OUTCOMES
- Set (and achieve) Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the University Enterprise team as appropriate.
- Monitor performance of the Enterprise Champion project relative to project outputs and team KPIs
Deadline for applications is Monday 20th January 2014
Application is by CV and covering letter to Erica.Brice@ncee.org.uk
For an informal conversation about the role, please contact Richard Holloway on 0151 795 3333 or Richard.Holloway@liverpool.ac.uk